Books I am currently reading
Books waiting to be read:
- Really need to go to the library now....been without books for 2 weeks! Oh the horror!
Books I have recently finished reading
- Need to go to the library this weekend :-)
- Foxfire 6
- City People's Guide to Country Living by Betsy & Hubbard Cobb - it's funny how things don't change much - except maybe the cost of things!!
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Country Living by Kimberley Willis - I figured I would know everything by the time I read this book, but I actually learned a couple of new things.
- Foxfire 5
- American Terroir by Rowan Jacobsen - interesting - more about the tastes of different foods grown in different regions that about growing them
- Foxfire 4
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver - EXCELLENT book!!
- The Herbal Home Companion by Theresa Loe
- The New Organic Grower by Eliot Coleman - very informative, easy to read and understand
- Fresh Food from Small Spaces by R.J. Ruppenthal - this is geared more for those still living in the city or suburbs who don't have a lot of space to garden. Still informative.
- The Joy of Keeping Chickens by Jennifer Megyesi
- Country Acres: Country Wisdom for the Working Landscape by David Larkin
- Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts
- Pearls of Country Wisdom by Deborah S. Tukua - I may purchase these Pearls books (I have found 3 so far)
- Pearls of Garden Wisdom by Deborah S. Tukua & Vicki West
- Pearls of Kitchen Wisdom by Deborah S. Tukua
- The Search by Nora Roberts
- Home Wisdom by Jon Vara & the editors of The Old Farmer's Almanac
- Chicken Tractor by Andy Lee & Pat Foreman
- Back at the Farm by Barbara and Dick Deming
- Raising Poultry the Modern Way by Leonard S. Mercia
- You Can Farm by Joel Salatin - GREAT BOOK
- Hands-On Agronomy by Kinsey & Walters - I didn't finish reading this book - read very much like a science textbook and was way over my head.
- Foxfire 2
- Foxfire 3 - I didn't realize there are 9 of these. My FIL gave me the first 3 last year and they have a lot of old country lore, how to, and great stories!
- Traditional Country Skills edited by Sheila Buff - was disappointed in this one - thought it would focus more on skills, instead it focused more on buildings and implements throughout the years; had some interesting items in it, but overall a let down
- The Unsettling of America by Wendell Berry - kind of a let down - seems like a very angry person; had a hard time reading it
- Making Your Small Farm Profitable by Ron Macher
Post a Comment