Monday, March 7, 2011

Family times

Yesterday we had a wonderful day.  My step-daughter (from my previous marriage) came for a visit with her two children.  They live in New York State so this was a rare treat!  The last time we saw them was two years ago when we went to New York for my dad's memorial service.  My how the kids have grown!!  We had a wonderful dinner my husband made - barbecue pork ribs, Creole potato salad (Yummmmmy), homemade corn bread and my daughter's fiance made deviled eggs.  For dessert, we had cheesecake with blueberry topping.  YUM! 

They are staying in NC at my daughter's place until Wednesday - then they will head home.  But she is thinking about moving down here - that would be terrific!  But there are other factors that need to be handled first (aren't there always)...but it would be truly wonderful if they did move here.

We had awful rain yesterday - torrential downpours that led to me going outside in the driving rain to get the hose draining the pool cover before it caved in.  Then after the rains stopped, it went down below freezing last night - I wonder if my daffodils will EVER bloom!  They have had buds on them for over a week now, but it just doesn't quite get warm enough for them to open and say "Happy Spring!"

But, I suppose things could be worse....Mama Pea has been posting about all the snow they are still getting - no thank you!!

No comments: