Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Stick a Fork in Me...

I'm done.

I woke up this morning to some news that has me speechless.  For the past four years, we have struggled...and cannot seem to get ahead.  Now, we have four more of the same kind of years in front of us.  Not sure we will come out on the other side in one piece.

Even as I feel my spirits spiraling downward, I think I am more determined than ever to make this a "true" homestead.  Unfortunately, I think it will be more out of necessity than dreams coming true...

The girls are still going through their molt.  Emmy Lou seems to be coming out of it - she now has some new tail feathers.  The others are still looking pretty ragged.  I hope Emmy Lou is about done - we sure miss those eggs!!

I will try to keep my head up and plow onward.  I hope you are all able to do the same.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Aren't molting chickens SOOOOO Ugg-lee!!

As for the election results? I'm saddened, but not surprised. Personal responsibility, integrity and honesty are no longer valued in this society, so it would make sense that people vote this way.

Ashlee said...

I think that is how a lot of us homesteaders are feeling today... Oy vay 4 more years! No! It was Thomas Jefferson that said "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

and Oh My Gawd does CR have it right! Molting chickens are so friggin ugly! My girls are not even a year old yet, so next year will be their year... I am sooooo dreading it!