Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bad news

As I was making my breakfast this morning, I got a phone call from my daughter.  On her way to school, she was involved in a car accident.  She apparently rear ended a pickup truck.  She is ok.  Her car is not.  I remember how it felt when I got in my first accident when I was 16, driving my parent's car.  It was a large car - as most were back then - and I felt terrible totalling it on my dad.  But all he was worried about was whether I was ok.  And I was - no injuries.

So this morning, I was on the other side - I was the parent hugging my 19 year old daughter at the crash site and making sure SHE was ok.  The car can be fixed - and if not, it can be replaced.  She cannot.

It's a hard pill to swallow, lesson to learn, but hopefully everything will be fine. 

2 comments:

Leigh said...

What a frightening experience for you both. Thank heaven she's okay. I hope things get straightened out with her car without too much difficulty.

BrokenRoadFarm said...

Thanks Leigh! They are getting more optimistic about being able to repair the car instead of having to get a new one. It's so hard when they are young and just starting out.