Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tidbit Tuesday

  • Don't you just love that I started Tidbit Tuesdays and then haven't done one in weeks?!
  • The commute to the big city really takes a lot out of you
  • We got RAIN!!!
  • Going back up to 96F the end of this week with a heat index of 105F+....Pwwaaahhhhttthhhh
  • The girls are 18 weeks now - eggs anyone?!?!  Anyone??!?!  Not yet...
  • Our dogs are itching themselves to death having the A/C running non-stop for the past month.  No bugs - just bad dan-dwoofies!  (You'll figure it out!)
  • Hope you all had a super day!   I am going to go crash now....

4 comments:

The Haphazard Countryman said...

We got our chickens the last week of February, (19 weeks) and still no eggs. We are thinking of keeping them in the run and not letting them free-range in case they have started laying but are doing it outside the coop. Like you, we are anxious to taste the free-range goodness!

The Apple Pie Gal said...

No eggs here yet either but my girls are just a tad younger than yours. I will probably do leaps (and hurt myself) when I find the first one!

Our dogs have dandwoof too! Cute! I may have to use that one around here!

Leigh said...

I'm trying to remember, but I think our Delaware started first, and laid her first egg at 19 weeks. The Ameraucanas followed, but the Welsummers and Barred Hollands waited another full month! Those first eggs are very exciting indeed.

BrokenRoadFarm said...

Haphazard - yep. Anxious is the correct word! I guess "awaiting" works too :-)

APG - Borrow away! And please don't hurt yourself...small leaps :-)

Leigh - They will be 19 wks this weekend...but I wonder if this heat will keep them from laying at their "normal" time...we shall see. Although if they do lay now, it will probably be a "hard boiled" egg!!