Monday, February 14, 2011

Warmer Weather

This past weekend was so nice!  We finally broke into the 50s, so that meant getting some seeds planted :-)  A week ago, I couldn't stand it any longer - I had to get something growing.  So I planted a few herb seeds - oregano, tarragon and thyme.  I planted the seeds on Sunday - by Wednesday, little tiny green shoots were beginning to grow.  I was ecstatic!  They are still very tiny a week later, but still growing.

Yesterday, I broke out the egg cartons I had been saving and planted some flower seeds - Snapdragons, Marigolds and Petunias.  I am looking forward to seeing A LOT of little green shoots in the next week to ten days!

Outside, my mums have started coming back, and there are buds on my rose bushes and forsythia.  Of course my daffodils are still pushing up and there are even a few flower buds working their way toward blooming.  The temps are supposed to stay in the 50s all week, even approaching 70 by week's end.  Next weekend, I plan to start some tomatoes and peppers indoors.

Happy spring!

No comments: