Friday, January 14, 2011

Blogging...let's give it a whirl!

Over the holidays, I stumbled upon some blogs that I found very interesting, insightful and downright funny.  My husband and I moved to the country in 2008 - we purchased 10 acres in north central NC and are in the process of making it our home.  When we purchased the property, it was a blank slate...well, not really "blank"...

The "driveway"....all 600 ft of it!
The yard
As you can see, we had our work cut out for us.  So, we cleared the acre or so we needed, had a well drilled, a septic system installed and plopped a mobile home on it (I must confess, we got a new one) and we live here with our 2 dogs and 3 cats.  Yes - we are animal lovers :-)

My blog reading came about when I was looking for information on homesteading and living in the country in general.  I wanted to see how others were doing it, and the challenges they have faced and how they got through them.  It does seem like everything out here is a challenge!  But we are making progress and I hope this blog will help others, like I was helped.  Enjoy!

No comments: