Friday, January 21, 2011

To Quip or Not to Quip...

As I sit here and try to come up with some quippy (is that a word), funny post, I must admit I have nothing.  I have just finished catching up on what is going on over at Cold Antler Farm and the other blogs I am following (see right sidebar), and I marvel at how well each of these women write!  They suck me right in and keep me riveted until the end - and then leave me wanting more!  My goal is to be just like them "when I grow up"!

Instead, I am sitting in my computer room, working away (snicker) and looking out the window to my backyard.  The weather is turning again, we went from a high on Wednesday of 56 degrees to a forecasted high of 37 degrees today - boo hoo!  However, it is days like this, when the weather goes bad, that my wild bird feeders a buzz of activity.  The juncos and mourning doves are out in full force; as well as the tufted titmice, chickadees, nuthatches and even a red-bellied woodpecker (which I never understood the name as their heads are red, not their bellies)...and the ever-present squirrel who keeps eyeing up the peanut butter suet hanging way over his head on a shepherd's hook.  You can almost see the wheels turning in his head as he tries to find a way to get to it.  He can just smell the peanut butter!!  Maybe today will be his day - you know, every dog has his....oh wait, I was talking about squirrels :-)

I hope you have a great day and get a chance to see nature at work in your own backyard!

No comments: