Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Love My Husband

My husband is very handy.  I had mentioned to him that I would like a wood cabinet on my side of the sink to keep my everyday stuff in - instead of on the counter.  (Our home does not have a whole lot of counter/cabinet space.)  So, this weekend he did just that:


He "acquired" the wood at work - from a very large pallet.  Then he came up with this design and slapped it together.  Add a little stain, and voila!


Even though it is simple, and only took a few hours to build and finish, I absolutely love it!  I love all things wood.  Next year, when we add on to the house to make the kitchen bigger, I cannot wait to have all new, wood cabinets.  I never understood why some people paint wood....why would you cover up something so naturally beautiful??  Just a little bit stain, to add some color, is all you need.  Let that wood grain shine through!  Oh well, to each his own I guess.

I also baked some more bread on Sunday while he built this for me, and before the Super Bowl festivities (just me and hubby!).  Even though none of our teams were in the big game (my teams are the Dallas Cowboys and Carolina Panthers and his are the Buffalo Bills and the Panthers), we are such football fans that we had to watch as much of the game as we could before having to get to sleep - we had an early day on Monday with work.  I also planted some lettuce seeds in one of the garden beds inside the greenhouse - just to see what will happen.  And to get s-o-m-e-t-h-i-n-g growing, I started my herb seeds inside.  Hopefully there will be some green popping by next weekend!

Today is trying to be nice outside.  We are supposed to get up to about 45 degrees, but it is WINDY.  They are forecasting snow, again, this Friday....but then it looks like we will finally get to where we are supposed to be this time of year - in the 50s during the day, and around 30 at night.  Fingers crossed!

No comments: