Monday, May 2, 2011

Mixed feelings

I awoke this morning to the news about Osama Bin Laden's death (we go to bed early and did not see the late news last night).  I am not sure how I feel.  While I am glad that we were able to locate him, I think I would have preferred for him to stand trial and have to answer for his actions.  While what he did was heinous and unforgivable, I am not one of those people who "celebrates" even when the bad guys are killed.  The news footage of all the celebrations that occurred last night after the news was released disturbed me a little. 

When I got up and my husband told me what happened, my first thought wasn't "yay!  It's about time he is dead"...it was "finally...now we can bring our military home."  I hope we make a swift exit from Afghanistan - not the long, drawn out affair like in Iraq.

I hold everyone who serves in our military in the highest regard - I am forever thankful for everything they do to secure our on-going freedom...please bring them home quickly.

God Bless America.

2 comments:

TooeleTwins said...

I know - me too. Watching "our" people celebrate the death of another human being is no different than watching the terrorist groups celebrate when the towers fell in NY, right?

BrokenRoadFarm said...

Hello Tooele - thanks for stopping by to comment! I think you have nailed it - That is a perfect comparison and pretty much sums up what I was feeling, even though I couldn't put my finger on it.