Monday, August 22, 2011

Quick Catch Up

Last Friday was our 5th anniversary!  Can you guess what our wedding song was?? (Hint:  title of blog?)


Friday night was the usual hang out by the fire and have a few beverages and watch the Panthers play - oops, I mean get beat - but that's okay because they won their first pre-season game last week.  We are big NFL nuts.  We both root for the Panthers (duh) and I am also a Dallas Cowboys fan (since I was a kid) and hubby is a long-time Buffalo Bills fan.

Since my husband works a lot of hours this time of year, we decided to celebrate on Saturday.  We found a new place to hang out that isn't too far away - about 25 minutes or so.  Believe me, out here, that is close!  They have pool tables, dart boards, etc; so we played a few games of pool, had a few drinks and were still home in time to lock up the chickies (no APG, not one egg yet...).

So, needless to say, not much got done around the ole homestead this weekend.  We kinda took the weekend off :-)

5 comments:

The Apple Pie Gal said...

Wow...you just freaked me out! It will be 5 for us this year and hello...Rascal Flatts hit that one out of the park for us too!!

BrokenRoadFarm said...

LOL!!! I knew there was a reason I liked you!! We are kindred spirits :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats... We hit 18 years this year. Our song was "I Cross My Heart" by George Strait. Something about good old country music just makes a wedding, doesn't it?

Tina - Our Rustic Roots said...

Happy Anniversary!

(Maybe you'll get a late anniversary present today and get an egg!)

BrokenRoadFarm said...

Ruth - WOW!! 18 yrs! And that is an awesome song!

Tina - Thanks. I keep hoping....and hoping....and hoping! LOL!