Friday, June 17, 2011

To Do List

Yep - we all have one....but I don't like to write mine down (though I should - maybe I wouldn't keep forgetting it!!).  Sometimes I do write it down if there are things I have forgotten for two or three days - things like, make hummingbird solution...wash towels....vacuum....sometimes I just get lazy and don't want to do them!!  On those occasions, I write them down and make myself more accountable.

Don't get me wrong - I love to feed my hummers - and I don't let them go without any food for two or three days...I start to tell myself to make the stuff when it gets below halfway in the feeder in the hopes that I will remember by the time it is empty :-{  [Note: I make my own solution - four parts water, bring to rolling boil, add one part sugar, stir until dissolved, bring back to boil, remove from heat, let cool.  I do not add food coloring - it is not necessary and the jury is still out on whether or not it is harmful to the birds.  To get them to find it, I make the first batch of the season with a little more sugar, so it is sweeter.]

So, the to do list for this weekend - clean out gutters (lots of debris from the storms last weekend), PLANT MARIGOLDS IN VEGETABLE GARDEN (bought them last weekend and they are still in the flat), weed garden, finish chicken tractor, haul more sand into chicken run, move pallets from driveway to back yard, cut up pallets and stack the wood...

Hopefully, we will be able to get most of it done.  Want to share your To Do List for the weekend?  Come one - I know you all have one!! :-)

No comments: